The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Displayed placemarks not updating until zoom

Something wrong? Report it here
warrenspe

Displayed placemarks not updating until zoom

Post by warrenspe »

Hello there,

Huge fan of the app - thank you for all the work you've done on it. I've come across a bug however where when I change which placemarks are currently being displayed on the app, nothing will visually happen (other than the checkbox next to the placemarks layer toggling) until I zoom the map in or out, at which point the placemarks will update visually. Selecting/deselecting multiple layers also does not have any visual affect, until the map is zoomed at which point all the changes are rendered visually.

It hasn't always done this; I can recall before this bug started happening that I was able to toggle the placemarks layers and have them update visually immediately on the map, but at some point that just stopped happening. I don't think that the bug started after an app update either; I believe that it just started happening randomly. Around the time that it started I was working on the layers, so I was going through a cycle of deleting all my placemarks and re-adding them; not sure if this could have caused something to become corrupted/out of whack.

I'm doing a bit of debugging as I write this, and found that by undisplaying all of my placemarks and re-displaying them, they now update visually when I toggle their respective checkboxes; so that appears to be a workaround for the problem.

Random info:
* placemarks were imported as KMZ files, and I can see them in the "Imported landmarks" folder as .kmz.ldk files
* App version OfflineMaps+ 3.5

Cheers,

Warren
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Displayed placemarks not updating until zoom

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Warren and sorry for the delay.
I haven't been able to reproduce yet, so I keep on investigating.
Sorry for the troubles.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !