The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Shapefiles - polygons or borders within polygons

Something wrong? Report it here
hamish

Shapefiles - polygons or borders within polygons

Post by hamish »

I have imported a shapefile which has polygons or borders within a polygon to exclude an area, but AQ displays the inner polygon as darker rather than excluding it.
See attached photo, on the left is the same data in QGIS.

The imported shapefile is of public right of access to land mapped as 'open country' (under The Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000) and registered common land in England.
The full file size is rather large, although AQ can import it, it doesn't display, just crashes AQ, so I deleted half the polygons in QGIS, it now imports and displays OK with a little degradation in performance.
Longer term I will break the data into small chunks to just display the area I am in.

Original Shapefile downloaded from: https://naturalengland-defra.opendata.a ... cess-layer

AlpineQuestShapefile01.jpg
(386.56 KiB) Downloaded 562 times
---
Using: Huawei M5 Lite 8.0" - Android 9.1 - AlpineQuest 2.2.3
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Shapefiles - polygons or borders within polygons

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,

Yes you're right, the application is currently not able to display inner bounds of areas (areas with holes), so a regular area is displayed instead.
Until this is implemented, I can make the "inner" areas displayed with another color to make things more clear.

Concerning the size of the file, to split it would the only solution I guess...
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !