The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Map display resolution

Something wrong? Report it here
alexlong

[closed] Map display resolution

Post by alexlong »

I have found a strange behavior in map display resolution.
The application does not remember the last map display resolution set with +/- buttons long-pressing.
Example:
Settings → Map display resolution → Small (1:2, default).
I open a map and long-press + button to set Map display resolution Very Big 1:6.
After I close the application and reopen it again the current map display resolution becomes Small (1:2, default) though before I set 1:6 long-pressing + button. I thought long-pressing +/- button worked as standard settings and I could choose it either in Settings or by long-pressing. Am I wrong?
2.2.3 R5957 beta.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Map diaplay resolution

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Alex,

Yes this is the correct behavior.

If you want that the app remember the display screen resolution, then you need to change it in the application settings.
The long press is only temporary?

Why? Because I had so muuuuch error reports of people changing the display resolution without wanting, it was too difficult to explain.
So I have to add a setting to disable the long press zoom button actions and reset this when restart the app.

I realize that I keep adding more and more features that make the application even more and more complicated.
Lot of people complain about having activated something without wanting and don't know how to turn it back.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
alexlong

Re: Map diaplay resolution

Post by alexlong »

Hi, François. You are right, I think this is the best compromising solution when you fix the value in general Settings and use +/- buttons just as a temporary tool.
It's OK, forget about this.