The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Geolocation

Something wrong? Report it here
Keenote

[closed] Geolocation

Post by Keenote »

I tried the lite version for a couple days and it worked well so I purchased the full version. Now I can't get the Geolocation to work and my Google maps can't find my location either. The Gps emblem is flashing like it did before, but it acts like it can't find any satellites. Anyone else seen this? I am using a HTC G1.
Keenote

Re: Geolocation

Post by Keenote »

Guess it is fixed, seems to be working ok now. Had a fairly big storm come through and think maybe that was messing it up. Would not have thought weather would knock the signal down that bad but I downloaded a GPS status program and it showed only one satellite until the storm past. Now I'm getting six to eight at a time and down to 10 ft accuracy. Kind of disappointing because if your hiking and get caught in a bad storm, that's when you need your GPS the most.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
The GPS signal is not strong and it's usually longer to get a fix when it's cloudy. I think this is also due to "cheap" GPS chips embedded in phones. By "cheap" I mean not as good as ones in real GPS devices...
But it seems to get better because the GPS is much more faster and accurate on a Desire than on a G2... I'm looking forward a waterproof and shock-resistant android device with a good GPS chip!
Regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Xy()niX

Post by Xy()niX »

I'm unable to get my Geolocation activated. Under the app settings it is greyed out, and says "Geolocation not Activated". The drop down menu for Location Provider is also greyed out and says "none".

I've verified my GPS is activated, and is working with Google Maps just fine..

I'm using a Nexus One with the full version of AlpineQuest.
Xy()niX

Post by Xy()niX »

Got it working after cycling the ability on and off a few times, and restarting the phone.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
Right now the GPS and Network geolocation status are checked only at AlpineQuest startup. So if they are both turned off you get this behavior....
I'll change this as soon as possible to update the status also when the app is focused.
Thanks for this feedback!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

The GPS/Network status now is checked each time AlpineQuest is resumed (i.e. comes back to front) with version 1.06.
Regards