The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Not zooming... my error or file error?

Something wrong? Report it here
cpalacio

[closed] Not zooming... my error or file error?

Post by cpalacio »

I have the full version of the product and actually quite like it though I've yet to be able to use it in the field. Case in point, I created several maps; topo, satellite, and road maps for the region I plan to be visiting this weekend. Using Mobile Atlas Creator I finally thought I got everything the way I wanted and generated about 55mb worth of offline map and successfully loaded them on to my HTC Desire (running Android 2.2).

The map files (AQM) are large due to the number of zoom levels generated but I don't seem to be able to access those layers when I zoom in from the application. The image gets "closer" but resolution stays the same rather than switching to the next deeper level. What could I have done wrong?
twoten

Re: Not zooming... my error or file error?

Post by twoten »

Are you just using the slider or pressing the + & - icons either side of the icons?

The slider zooms in and out of the selected level the + & - changes up or down to the next level.

I couldn't see the point of the slider and the +/- keys at first but it's quite useful to be able to zoom out to see more of a map without changing levels.
Samsung Galaxy S4
cpalacio

Post by cpalacio »

OK, so I'm an idiot... :shock:

Thanks twoten that was the info I was missing... and yes I can see value to the dual controls.

C
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Thanks twoten for answering faster than me!
cpalacio wrote:OK, so I'm an idiot... :shock:
Absolutely not! The application is not well documented and it takes some time to understand all features.
I really need to find some time to write a clear how-to, but there are important features that I need to release first...
Regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !