The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Force update local data

Something wrong? Report it here
hamish

Force update local data

Post by hamish »

not sure if this is a bug or intended behaviour.

Under 'Displayed Maps' if I select the three dots for the relevant map, then select 'Force update local area (this session only)' by scrolling the map it will force update - which is the expected behaviour

But if I then 'Select and save an area' the force update doesn't happen.
unless I click on the cog/settings symbol and select 'Force update local data'.

certainly caused me some confusion when the maps didn't update after I thought I was forcing the update of them.
Could the select and save an area setting be automatically selected when 'Force update local area (this session only)' is selected via Displayed Maps?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Force update local data

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Yes right now it's supposed to work this way.
The "Force update local area (this session only)" only applies to the selected map, whereas "Force update local data" is a store area tool setting that will apply to all maps stored with this tool.
That being said, we could imagine that the map setting could be carried to the store area tool...I'll have a look at this.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
boowoo

Post by boowoo »

Hello,
I'm also very interested by this suggestion.
Sam
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

I've just published a new beta version 2.3.4.r8166 in which the "Force update local area (this session only)" of a displayed map will also be used in the store area tool.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !