The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Cant save photo, Camera does not have permission to save to this location.

Something wrong? Report it here
Denboy555

Cant save photo, Camera does not have permission to save to this location.

Post by Denboy555 »

Hi
With my previous mobile Huawei P20 Lite android 9 i was able to create a placemark Photo and it saved it without any problem. Alpine Quest 2.3.3.d.

I now have a Pixel 6A android 13 Alpine quest 2.3.3.d, there is no SD card available for this mobile. When i try and create a placemark photo i get the following --- Cant save photo, Camera does not have permission to save to this location.
When i go to the mobile settings in the Camera/Permissions Manager it list all the apps and from there you can choose one of the apps say OS Maps and get the option to choose camera access for the app. It lists all my apps but NOT Alpine Quest.
In the mobile settings under Apps/Alpine Quest off-Road Explorer/App Info/Permissions/Photos and Videos the Allow button is highlighted which is Photo and Videos Access for this app.
When i look at the Storage location for Alpine Quest/Device Storage it shows the application path which was left at default
There is also another option below this which says use a media folder to store pictures, audio files and exported files. I have also tried to choose this option but with the same result.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Cant save photo, Camera does not have permission to save to this location.

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Yes unfortunately I had other reports saying that the default Camera app on some pixel devices is not compatible.
You can always try to check the option "Use media folder" in the AQ settings, in the "Storage device" setting, but I have little hope.
Otherwise currently the only work arounds are to either take a picture with your Camera app and add the picture as a waypoint using "Gallery" (Regular waypoint -> More -> Gallery), or use a third party Camera app.
Note that AlpineQuest does not need the "Photo" permission, because it doesn't use your Camera sensor, it just delegates the picture taking to any installed Camera app.
Sorry about that.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !