The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

offline maps: Your system prevents usage of this location

Something wrong? Report it here
andreas

offline maps: Your system prevents usage of this location

Post by andreas »

Hello,

I think I have the same problem like discribt in this threat for OM instead of AQ:
https://www.alpinequest.net/forum/viewt ... f=4&t=5403

I can not anymore use the SD card to store data.

to fix it you suggest for AQ to move the files in the folder which is allowed by android. I tried the same for OM. but I even can not select this folder in the offline Maps settings
photo_5312197345229784441_y.jpg
storage settings
(89.9 KiB) Not downloaded yet

I'm using android 11 and Offline Maps 3.9b

what i did so far:
* I reinstalled the App, with no effect.
* I try to change the files with another app on the SD card, which works.

Can you tell me what i can try else to investigate or fix it. I like to store data on the SD card.

thanks for the good job
and hope you can help me
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: offline maps: Your system prevents usage of this location

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Andreas,

Unfortunately I cannot be of a great help on this topic. The application should be able to read/write data in the listed folder on the SD card, but apparently it cannot so this folder cannot be used as a storage location.
There is no way to change this in the application or in the Android settings, as access to this folder should be available by default.

Just a few tips:
- If you make an error report from the app (main menu -> more -> report errors) I could check your logs to see if there is anything unusual;
- You can try to check your SD card for errors, of un-mount / re-mount it. Maybe it's in read only mode;
- The internal device memory is anyway much faster on Android 10 and more, this is the recommended place to save you apps data, they will work much faster.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Andreas

Re: offline maps: Your system prevents usage of this location

Post by Andreas »

thanks, I will do that. i will try another sd card and activate logging. when I have some logs I will post it here.
using internal storage is not an real option for me, because I'm quite limited. I also don't like to by a new phone only for this.