The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

GPX track: Changing track color does not change waypoint color

Something wrong? Report it here
ong21

GPX track: Changing track color does not change waypoint color

Post by ong21 »

Hi,

I have created a gpx file (not with AlpineQuest but gpx.studio) and imported this into AlpineQuest.
I have created a lot of waypoints. In Alpincequest I notice, that the color is hard to see. Thus I changed the track color - but the waypoints remaind on the same color as before.
Is this a bug? ... or ... which way is needed to change the waypoint color?
Of course, I would like to change the color of all waypoints in a track in one go.
Please see the attached screenshot where you will notice how hard it is to see the waypoints (to help, I marked them with yellow arrows)

Is there a way to temporary hide waypoints only?
Olaf
* together for the better software *
* https://datenbank-projekt.de/ *
geofactotem

Re: GPX track: Changing track color does not change waypoint color

Post by geofactotem »

Is there a way to temporary hide waypoints only?

Since your objective is to better see the underlying map, by a temporary hide of waypoints try this, it will hide the route as well but it is only temporary.

1) Tap the lefthand main menu icon on the main screen
2) Tap Settings
3) Scroll down to Long-press actions and tap it
4) Tick the box "Display map only"

Job done! With a minimum of fuss a long press will show a nice clear underlying map for as long as you press. Extremely useful in particular when doing live navigating.

I think this is one of the very best 'hidden' features of AQ.

Please comment whether it works for you and if it is what you expected?

Regarding your main point, I had a more complicated need which I solved with an easy edit of the gpx file before importing it to AQ. If you think that might be of interest message me privately or if that doesn't work, on this thread.
ong21

Post by ong21 »

Hi,
thanks for the answer. Actually I want to see the track. See the screenshot: You can see, the trackpoints overlay the path.
Long press the map shows the map only - which is good too. Maybe it could be implemented to "long press" certain areas on screen which results in different behaviours (upper left: hide all (track + waypoints), upper right: hide track but show waypoints, bottom left: show track but hide waypoints, bottom right ...)

I have found, that making the map lighter (opacity setting) makes the track easier to see.
* together for the better software *
* https://datenbank-projekt.de/ *
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Olaf,
Concerning the colors, I'm not sure the GPX have something to specify the color of points. The KML format if much better if you want to style your items.
But you can change the colors from the app of all items in a few taps: https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/ ... _all_items

Concerning the hiding of waypoints, it all depends on how your tracks and waypoints are linked. A waypoint can be standalone, or be part of a track.
If they are part of the track, then no you cannot hide them separately.
If they are standalone, you can go in the "Displayed placemarks" list and click on the eye icon of the points, it will hide them and leave the track displayed.
In the placemark menu, you can also hide the labels of the waypoints if they take too much space.

Hope it helps
François
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !