The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[fixed] Hidden items/folders re-display

Something wrong? Report it here
preast

[fixed] Hidden items/folders re-display

Post by preast »

A little interesting behavior with hidden items using Displayed Placemarks.

To re-create:
-import a .kml with multiple objects/subfolders and including a track
-Explore Placemarks -> display a folder that contains multiple objects/folders and includes a track
-Displayed Placemarks -> in a primary folder, hide an object or subfolder using the eye icon
-for a track within that same primary folder -> choose Dynamic Profile either from the map or the list in Displayed Placemarks

Notice that all previously hidden objects or subfolders (but only within that same primary folder) are now re-displayed. Also it only seems to do this when selecting Dynamic Profile on a track, so this is a minor inconvenience, but I do like to use subfolders within an area, primarily for the purpose of being able to persistently hide groups of objects without deleting them out of the .ldk.

Thanks
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Hidden items/folders re-display

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Preast,
Yes absolutely. The higher level item containing the track (in the "Displayed placemarks" list) is set visible when you choose the dynamic profile.
This is the way it's intended to work, but I cannot remember why :? .
I'll see if I can only display the track, you're right that it makes more sense.
Thanks for the report
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Hidden items/folders re-display

Post by Psyberia-Support »

This problem has been fixed in current beta version 2.3.3.r7916.
The fix will also be available in the next official update 2.3.3.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !