The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] Option to turn GPS off when device turned off

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Anton

[done] Option to turn GPS off when device turned off

Post by Anton »

Using AQ 1.06 on HTC Desire running Androi 2.2 and have loved it since 1.04!

I note that this version leaves GPS active when r=the device is switched off. Previous versions turned \gPS off (if it was active) when the device was turned off, which really extended battery life.

I tend to leave AQ running as a foreground task and thentak a "quick look" while I'm out walking -- i.e., I turn the device on, have a look to see if I'm in the right place, and then turn off again. If GPS remains active after switching off the device, it really chews up battery life, but I do appreciate that there's no waiting for a fix. Personally, I don't mind waiting for a few seconds -- I'd rather my battery lasted longer, so I would very much like the option of, if GPS is active and AQ is running, deactivating GPS when switching device off and reactivating it when device turned on again.

Great app!

Thanks,

Anton
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Option to turn GPS off when device turned off to save ba

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
You're right, the GPS was automatically turned off when AlpineQuest was sent in background, and this is no more the case.
I'll made an upgrade these days to bring this feature again, because I admit it was usefull.
Thanks for writing to us about that!
Regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Option to turn GPS off when device turned off to save ba

This feature is back in AlpineQuest 1.0.7 released yesterday evening.
Regards
bastien

Re: [done] Option to turn GPS off when device turned off

Post by bastien »

Yes good idea.

Post by Guest »

Thank you!

But 1.0.7 produces an error message just after the intro banner. The message disappears too quickly to read all of it... but I'll try to do it in several restarts:

An error occurred.
It is recommended to restart the application.
null (fireRotationChanged)

In spite of the error message, the app still seems to work fine.

Post by Guest »

Me again ... just read the "Announcing AlpineQuest 1.0.7" ... Install to SD card doesn't seem to be available, as it is stated. I'm using Android 2.2

Anton
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
The NullPointerException will be fixed in the next release. The orientation just fails to turn on when starting the application, but there is no more impact. I admit this is annoying.

Concerning the Install on SD option, it should now work, but you need to uninstall and then reinstall the application.

Regards