The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Fastest way to make a lot of unnamed waypoints

Any question about the app? Ask it here
jidanni

Fastest way to make a lot of unnamed waypoints

Post by jidanni »

Here we are, looking for the fastest way to make a lot of unnamed waypoints.
That's pretty fast, but each time we still have to face this additional dialogue:
(Which we need to push OK each time (because we're not changing anything else.) So that's the step we want to get rid of.)

We want a way to move the screen center, push the plus button, move the screen center, push the plus button.... to create lots of waypoints, faster than a dragonfly laying eggs!

By the way, that "+ waypoint" button, being on a thin horizontal strip, is not very welcoming to our rather large size finger. It would be better too chop up that space in to blocks instead of thin horizontal lines.
alexlong

Re: Fastest way to make a lot of unnamed waypoints

Post by alexlong »

Why not try my solution?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5713#p17027
Main menu function button, leftmost on the screen → a long pressing triggers an action assigned to the very first (top) custom item. This option is very handy. For example, I assigned "Quick waypoint" to it. When I have to put a waypoint quickly, I just do a long press on the main menu button, thats too easy to do.
jidanni

Post by jidanni »

OK, I found this setting, and I found that long-pressing anywhere on the screen will allow me to make a quick way point in the middle of the screen. So maybe that's good enough. (But I also want to set the default color for the quick waypoints..)
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

You can create a fast waypoint by either using Alex suggestion, or with the long-press map settings you have found.

By default, fast waypoints are created in the "Unsorted folder" (when you've created all the points you need you can group then and assign a color).

For advanced users, you can also use the following user setting to make fast waypoints saved at the same location than the last regular waypoint you created. So you can first create a regular waypoint inside your colored set, then create fast waypoints that will be saved in this set with the correct color. Use this:

Code: Select all

landmarks.creator.fastpoints.use_previous_place=1
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
jidanni

Post by jidanni »

(Regarding the lower left (two flag) icon: All I know is long pressing it makes the five icons on the bottom of the screen become one, and long pressing it again makes the one icon become five. That's good but I don't know what that has to do with waypoints.)
Sky

Post by Sky »

Change first (top) menu item with create new waypoint.
jidanni

Post by jidanni »

Sky wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:37 am Change first (top) menu item with create new waypoint.
Are you talking about these,
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5733 ?
Well, one day when thesr are documented in https://www.offline-maps.net/ I'll have a better idea what that's all about.
Sky

Post by Sky »

No.
When you start alpinequest click the first icon on menu, then select OPTIONS. When menu open then click on pencil on the right of the top menu item. Then select custom item QUICK WAYPOINT. That's it.
When you long click on the first menu icon, it will create quick waypoint.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

jidanni, there is an old help page on this subject here: https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/ ... nu-buttons
Right now I don't have the time to update the online helps.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !