The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Placemark names orientation

Any question about the app? Ask it here
alexlong

Placemark names orientation

Post by alexlong »

Hi, Franços.

Is it possible to make the waypoints' names be always oriented as if they were oriented to "North", instead of rotated together with the map?
boowoo

Re: Placemark names orientation

Post by boowoo »

Hi Alex,

I'm not expert but I think that it could give too much perturbations for users because items of maps (raster maps) and waypoints should be oriented differently ...
It should be different for vector maps but not supported by AQ.
Sam
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

Hi, I'm not really an expert either. But we are talking about waypoints, which are not part of a raster map
boowoo

Post by boowoo »

Yes but waypoints are displayed over a raster map and all the names of this map should be always oriented following the rotated map. Weird if in the same time the waypoints names stay oriented to North up. Weird ...
And what about the icons of the waypoints?
suntalla

Post by suntalla »

Hi,
What about when holding phone exactly horizontal or front slightly tilted up placemark text is readable, never upside down, for user??
Friendly greetings
Jos
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Right now the placemark names are written over the map following the same orientation than the map names (up is North).
If I have time in the future I will make tests to write the sames after the map rotation, but right now I already have too much things waiting...
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

I may have been misunderstood. When the map rotates, all the names and objects on the map rotate with it, as it is a raster map. Placemarks are not part of the raster map, they are standalone elements above the map but the placemark names are also rotated.
This gives me some inconvenience in reading the information ( placemarks ) on the map. I am sometimes forced to do this:
Sova.jpg
(94.68 KiB) Not downloaded yet
When the placemark names are always oriented north, they become readable 100% of the time.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

I have added this request in the wanted features.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !