The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Sounds when recording tracks

Any question about the app? Ask it here
alexlong

Sounds when recording tracks

Post by alexlong »

Can you tell me if a beep is supposed to sound when track recording starts and ends? On my device, there is no beep at all. Is it the way it's supposed to be? There is only a beep when the signal disappears or too weak. Users tell me that there was a sound in the track recorder. Anyone is wrong?
alexlong

Re: Sounds when recording tracks

Post by alexlong »

There are beeps on another my device, there are none on the main device.
Ingensor

Post by Ingensor »

Have you tried changing the sound stream?

core.audio.stream=

1: STREAM_SYSTEM, 2: STREAM_RING, 3: STREAM_MUSIC, 4: STREAM_ALARM, 5: STREAM_NOTIFICATION
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

It seems to me that this setting is not used..
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
I think it's when you have checked the option "Warn me if the GPS signal is lost". In this case the application plays a sound when the signal is acquired and lost.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

Hi, François.

This is probably the case. I tried both variants, with and without option "Warn me if the GPS signal is week or lost".
If the option is not active, no beep is heard when I start recording a track. I tried it about ten times.
If the option is active, then from time to time at the start of the track recording I hear beeps and see the message "Please, wait", that is, I conclude that the application does not have enough data to record the track, and it considers this as "lost or weak signal". Actually, this is the reason for the beeps.
Am I right?
So the audible indication of the beginning of the track recording in the app never existed, and what is heard has nothing to do with the track recording? Right?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

As you have seen, when the option is not checked, there is no sound at the beginning.
When the option is checked, then it depends:
- If the GPS is already active and a current location is displayed on the map, when you start the track recorder, it will start recording from now and it doesn't make a sound;
- If there is currently no known GPS location, then the GPS will be started, but it can take some time until the first location is retrieved. When the GPS retrieve a first location, the track recorder starts recording and makes a sound to warn you that it's now started.
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

Hi, François.

Would it really make sense to add sound notification at the beginning of track recording and at the end of track recording?
I looked up the info at Summary list of suggested features and didn't find a similar request there.
Do you think it is worth doing?
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

If "yes", make this option to be disabled in the track recording settings.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

I think it's important that the track recorder doesn't make sounds when you do not activate the option "Warn me if....". A lot of users don't want any sounds.
When it's checked, it's questionable, but since users manually start and stop the track recorder with a button, I don't see any reasons for playing a sound when starting and stopping it...