The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Simultaneous Dynamic Color options

Any question about the app? Ask it here
TomK

Simultaneous Dynamic Color options

Post by TomK »

I love the Dynamic Color feature, and I think that feature alone is just about worth paying for AQ full, let alone all the other superb features. I use it with the displayed 'elevation' option setting. Having many imported gpx trails showing on a map at one time, this feature allows me to quickly scan over them and access the possible challenges in any walk, without scrutinizing often hard to see contour lines or engaging hill-shading.

The other display option I find just as useful is 'incline' and I would ideally like to have both of them displayed at the same time, as they both complement each other. I thought this feature could just be optional for those who need it.

Is this at all a possibility without creating a confusing and cluttered screen? I thought maybe you could have a thicker trail line that was split in two - displaying each dynamic color option side by side. The other possibility would be to have a quick switch (long press) toggle menu on the trail line. Your thoughts?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Simultaneous Dynamic Color options

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi TomK and thank you for your suggestion,
Yes I understand it make sense.
I've to think how to visually do this, as the width option is good but technically not easy (right now I've no idea on how to make transitions between different widths).
Long time ago, I thought of a kind of 3D effect to visualize the elevation is addition to something else, but never found the time to work on this.
Right now I add this in the wanted features list and will think about this...
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
TomK

Post by TomK »

....thanks for looking into this! I thought possibly another solution would be to overlay the other dynamic color over the initial one. Duplicating or changing the trail line width may not be required. Though to be less confusing, the colors would need to be contrasting and unambiguous in their meaning - perhaps more of a challenge to get right.
I like your 3D concept, but can see it may also be hard to implement.

cheers, Tom
suntalla

Post by suntalla »

Hi,
When having two stiles on top of eachother you can by just using edit points then the cross on the left, togle wich one is on top. Is it an idea to make use of that in this case???
Friendly greetings
Jos