The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Hopefully simple Follow path enhancement.

Any question about the app? Ask it here
geofactotem

Hopefully simple Follow path enhancement.

Post by geofactotem »

Cutting the story short I had created what I hoped to be a nice route, and that turned out to be true. We found we had more time at our disposal so I created a detour on the fly. It was not too long before AQ was complaining. Removing my hearing aids was not a particularly elegant solution.

I am wondering if it would be possible to have a really silly warning limit say 5000 metres, (maybe with a caution first) that would keep AQ quiet for a bit and also give you clue how far you have strayed.

I did set the limit at the maximum at the time, yesterday, and having looked just now have noticed that it has not returned to the default, perhaps it should??

Regards
David
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Hopefully simple Follow path enhancement.

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi David,
Yes absolutely I'll try to add something like this, that temporarily disable path following until you reach the path again.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
geofactotem

Post by geofactotem »

Hi François,

Yes absolutely I'll try to add something like this, that temporarily disable path following audible warning until you reach the path again

I have added the crucial extra words audible warning. Namely that I would still like to see the distance from the planned route but without the audible warning as I am aware that I have deliberately moved off the planned route. I suspect that is what you meant anyway :D . The rationale being that working off a smart phone and with a variable zoom factor it is difficult for me to be too certain of the distances involved and this would become a helpful aid.

"I did set the limit at the maximum at the time, yesterday, and having looked just now have noticed that it has not returned to the default, perhaps it should??" Please ignore this it is incorrect. If I change a factor of course it should remain like that for that route until I change it. Other routes should initially open at the default settings which is what happens.

Hope you have not suffered any fire damage, our news was showing some pretty horrific fires but apart from South of France, I think, I have no idea where you are.

Kind regards
David
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Unfortunately I haven't found any time to quickly work on this, so I've added it to the waiting features list to keep it in mind.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
geofactotem

Post by geofactotem »

Thanks for the update François, I was starting to wonder. Maybe not quite as simple as I imagined it would be.

Kind regards
David