The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Unable to find and open saved maps.

Any question about the app? Ask it here
redpillar

Unable to find and open saved maps.

Post by redpillar »

Hello there,

I am a relatively new AQ and Android user coming from Iphone. I have a Samsung phone with Android 11.
I have saved a couple of map sets onto the Sd card but am unable to locate them when I browse the psyberia folder on the sd card.
I am able to find and open a saved track file by browsing to it and
I can see the maps file, but there is nothing in it.

Can you help me learn how to open one the the saved maps from the app?

Thanks in advance..
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Unable to find and open saved maps.

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi redpillar,

You cannot see your saved maps simply because you cannot create maps with this application.
This is a map reader/displayer, not a map creator like MOBAC.
If you have uses the store area tool, stored areas are saved somewhere inside the application folder but you don't have to care about that, the only thing you need to know is that those areas can now be displayed while offline.

Concerning your recorded tracks, they are saved in the "/placemarks/Recorded tracks/" sub-folder of the application folder.
If you need to access the file, you usually have to use the "Share" or "Open with" action when you select a track from the app.
Otherwise you can use any file explorer which is capable of reading the "/Android/data/" folder (where all apps save there files).

Any other question please let me know.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !