The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Search proposal

Any question about the app? Ask it here
alexlong

Search proposal

Post by alexlong »

Hi, François.

I have some Search proposals.

Placemarks → Explore placemarks → Filter.

Is it possible to make filtering happen in all folders, but not in some selected one? For example, I need to find a placemark named, let's say, "Placemark", which is located in some of the folders of the "My placemarks" section. I do not know exactly where it is, but I know that it is named a "Placemark" or a kind of it. Now, to find this placemark, I need to remember in which folder it is, to open this folder and search (filter) by name or by letters. It seems to me that this scheme is not very convenient. It would be more convenient to search in all folders at once.

And, by the way, can the name "filter" be replaced with "Search"? So it seems to be clearer right away.

Placemarks → Search a location

I would like to suggest adding a new search (or modifying the current search). Currently, the search is performed in Displayed placemarks, but I would like to propose to add a search in all the placemarks that are saved in the application, for example, in the "My placemarks" folder or by choice.

For example, I do auto-routing from a certain point on the screen or from a placemark. If I could find the finish point among the saved placemarks in folders, I would be able to put it as the end-point of auto-routing. Now, unfortunately, I can't do it, as the app doesn't allow it. I can only find it in Displayed placemarks. But surely this placemark may not be on the screen at the moment?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Search proposal

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Alex,
Yes I know this feature is still missing after having been requested multiple times (see "Deep search of placemarks" in the wanted features list).
It's just a matter of time. Sorry for the delay.
Your two suggestions are perfect, both ideas make sense, so if possible, I'll do it this way.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !