The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[resolved] Edit UTM Coordinates Display/behaviour Problem.

Any question about the app? Ask it here
JonDecay

[resolved] Edit UTM Coordinates Display/behaviour Problem.

Post by JonDecay »

Hi I have come from ViewRanger as they have killed it. I have been testing and do love Alpine quest but I have one problem and that is entering or editing UTM coordinates.

When you open up the edit Coordinates dialog to manually enter coordinates I have two problems one is that not all the numbers are displayed in UTM mode (This is better with Lat/Long option as there are two lines and you can see all the numbers.)

My other problem is the behavior when editing. at the moment you get a greyed out indication of what the coordinates are but when you start to edit they disappear. I would rather you could scroll the number and edit what digits you want.

I do UTM Grid searches. I will make a path with two points and then edit the grid location of the two end points to a round number so I can be on a grid line. So I just need to scroll to the last few digits and change them. With the current behaviour this is made unnecessarily hard as I need to remember the full coordinate and retype the whole thing but I can't even see the full number in UTM mode.

Hope you can fix this simple thing in an otherwise amazing app. Regards Jon
JonDecay

Edit UTM coordinates display

Post by JonDecay »

Have loved coming over from View Ranger. But have a problem with editing UTM coordinates. I can not see all the numbers in the edit dialog. And they can not be edited in the same way you can edit the name (scroll and change only the digits you what to). Regards Jon
Attachments
Screenshot_20211002-091205.png
(408.91 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Edit UTM Coordinates Display/behaviour Problem.

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Jon
Please check the "Single field" option. I think it will resolve your problem.
It allows to have only one text field you can freely edit.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
JonDecay

Re: Edit UTM Coordinates Display/behaviour Problem.

Post by JonDecay »

You are right, thanks for the tip. I used the app for the last week and found it very good. Only problem I had was the GPS dropping out (eg 0 satellites) has never happed to me before with other apps and I solved the problem with a reboot of my Pixel 5.