The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Project a waypoint?

Any question about the app? Ask it here
SinWolf

Project a waypoint?

Post by SinWolf »

Good day, it does not seem like this feature exists in the application.

Is this something that could be added?

Thank you
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Project a waypoint?

Post by Psyberia-Support »

What do you mean by project a waypoint?
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
SinWolf

Post by SinWolf »

You use the "compass" and point your device in a specific direction (degrees)... then you place a waypoint in that direction, a certain distance away from you.

This is used for instance with hunting... Once you have shot a deer, and you know you took the shot at 324 meter... then you can "project a waypoint" in the direction you took the shot, and place the waypoint 324m from your location... Now you have a waypoint that should be pretty close to where the deer was shot.

I used this function a lot with my Garmin, (there are Youtube videos about "projecting a waypoint" with a Garmin).

I will be testing this app with my hunt next week, but so far I'm very impressed and excited to use it instead of my bulky Garmin Montana... I already downloaded the satelite map for the hunting area...

Thanks
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Thanks for the details. I didn't know that naming.

Here is how to do it with the app:
- Turn on the compass and point the correct direction (optionally check "Rotate the map (using the compass)" in the orientation menu -> Options;
- Tap the center dot icon -> Tools -> Search a location;
- If you want to only draw a line in the direction you're facing, select the "Bearing" search format, then tap Ok (your current compass bearing is pre-filled);
- If you want to specify a distance, select the "Distance / Bearing" search format.

Let me know if it's what you need.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
SinWolf

Post by SinWolf »

THANKS!!

Yes this is exactly what I wanted to do!

I just love this app!! Congratulations on an awesome application and please keep up the good work!!

Regardt
SinWolf

Post by SinWolf »

This application worked VERY well with my hunting trip... The only issue that I need too figure out/fix is the "Track recorder" which did not function correctly.

Not sure if it is a setting on my phone, but it did not record tracks correctly :(

I will do some reading and see if other had similar issues and see what the solutions was.

Thanks