The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Two offsets sharing the same data file

Any question about the app? Ask it here
jidanni

[closed] Two offsets sharing the same data file

Post by jidanni »

I have an idea for two offsets sharing the same data file.

First, because they need the same <source id=> we know they couldn't live in the same .AQX file.

But if they lived in different .AQX files they certainly could have different projection-false-origins couldn't they?! So my dream is possible already as we speak?
jidanni

Re: Two offsets sharing the same data file

Post by jidanni »

Yes, I know all I need to do is just a edit the aqx file and change the values of projection-false-origin back and forth. But this is way I can sort of save my favorite offsets, without having to get the same tiles twice.
jidanni

Post by jidanni »

Okay, it turns out the only thing that's possible is switching the offset dynamically by editing the AQX. It's not possible to share the same data files because each data file gets a prefix from the aqx where it came from and of course each AQX must be have a unique name to fit inside the same directory. So thanks anyway.
jidanni

Post by jidanni »

OK, I instead made a dynamic offset updater script:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5033&p=14492#p14492
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

No I don't think there is any way to create 2 different maps using the same data file.
Putting the maps in different AQX files won't work either because the data file names are prefixed with the name of the AQX file.
But it's good if you found a satisfying solution.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !