The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Add app brand name to front page of app

Any question about the app? Ask it here
jidanni

Add app brand name to front page of app

Post by jidanni »

In e.g., https://m.facebook.com/groups/TaiwanMap ... 810361029/ we see somebody has shared a screenshot created with the app. Many people will say "Hey that's an interesting looking app with all those little green squares etc. I want to get that app too." The problem is without a brand name on the app nobody is able to search for it. Sure they could search for those two distinctive flags but that's rather hard to search for. Therefore I propose that you add the name of the app when you have those little logos on the screen. That way people would be able to go to Google Play, and be able to search for the name of the app. Sure you don't have to make it real big, just make it in ASCII characters that people can search for and that would be good enough.
jidanni

Re: Add app brand name to front page of app

Post by jidanni »

Well, you could say that all Facebook needs is a little "f" and that's good enough. Well that's because they're a big company. But you're not that big enough so therefore you've got to give a little bit more for people to search on.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

I agree, but it means having the name or other item always displayed on the map, not sure people will like it. Also, the first button is already the app icon.
There is a "Main menu" -> "Print Map" that will create a nice image export of the map to share with the app name (and no buttons), this is what users should use before sharing if they want to have the app brand.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
jidanni

Post by jidanni »

(Well all I know is that users will continue to make screenshots by squeezing the side of their phone;
they probably would never explore "Print Map."
And I'm just saying only display the brand name when you also show the two flags logo.
Maybe engrave it real small below the two flags.)