The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] undisplayed tracks

Any question about the app? Ask it here
helwin

[closed] undisplayed tracks

Post by helwin »

For some strange reason some of my tracks keep getting undisplayed...

I have these backed up, of course. They are exported .gpx tracks that were imported again and they keep disappearing.

Any idea?

Best regards Helwin
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: undisplayed tracks

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Helwin,
Do you mean un-displayed or deleted?
The application will never do any of these by its own anyway, however, when you start the application, imported files are displayed after the map is displayed (there is a progress message at the top/left), and if you close the application before they appear, they won't be displayed on the next app start. But in this case they are still on the placemarks folder, you can simply display them again using the placemark explorer.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
helwin

Post by helwin »

I mean undisplayed.
And indeed, it works like you describe it, so I know the cause now, thanks a lot.

By the way, is there a way to change imported tracks to AQ- tracks ?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

There is only one single type of track.

The difference is that your imported track is inside a "placemark file". GPX files are imported like this, so all the content remains inside a single file even in the application.
And landmark files are opened after the map display as explained before.

So a solution would be to copy/paste your track outside a placemark file, and they will be opened during the application loading screen.
helwin

Post by helwin »

Ok thank you for the info!
So why are there two tracks displayed when I tap on one?
alpqscreenshot.JPG
(44.43 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

The top item is not a track, it's the file itself which is displayed (and so are all items within the file).
The bottom one is the track.

Maybe in your particular GPX files you only have one track per file. But remember that GPX files can contains any number of tracks, routes and waypoints. This is why the application imports GPX files as placemark file, and not as tracks.
Instead of displayed all the contained items separately, the application will display the file itself.

From the placemark explorer, you can browse into your file, uncheck the "Display" check box to undisplay the track. Then select your track and check the "Display" check box (bottom/right of the preview map). This way the track will be displayed and not the file.
helwin

Post by helwin »

Thank you for these relevant infos.
So I do understand that I have a "recorded tracks" file on my SD card with .trk files (recorded with Alpinequest) and .gpx (or other) files.

Using the app´s placemark explorer, the "recorded tracks" folder displays the .trk files as a nice preview, and when scrolling down, "files to import" with no preview, these are the ".gpx and other" files.
Psyberia-Support wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:38 am So a solution would be to copy/paste your track outside a placemark file, and they will be opened during the application loading screen.
So how can I do this?

All I want is have these "files to import" get real genuine Alpinequest recorded tracks :D
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

First you need to import the GPX files. Open them with the application (for example from your Download folder or any other folder).
They will be imported in the "Imported placemarks" folder, as a .ldk file (native format for the application). You don't usually have to move them, and just click on "Display" to display the content.
But if you want to move them: at the end of the import process, click on "Browse" to display the content of the imported file. You'll see your track(s) listed. Long press the track, select "Copy" (you can copy all the tracks if you have multiple of them in your GPX file). Use the "Back" button to go back in your main placemark folder, and select "Recorded tracks" to open this folder. Paste your track(s) here (top/right clipboard icon).
helwin

Post by helwin »

Many thx , I have cleaned it all up now!