The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Watch

Any question about the app? Ask it here
GeorgeZ

Watch

Post by GeorgeZ »

Hello!
First of all, let me tell you that AlpineQuest is really a great application, in no way I'd compare it to any other program. It can do anything one would desire and even more.

Here is the deal. I tried to install it on my Amazfit Pace watch to see how it would be going on such a nontraditional device. And it is great, it's very convenient to use. But there some drawback and caveats, of course, as AlpineQuest was not designed to be used on watch.
There are at least two problems that I stumbled upon. Not all the buttons are seen on screen, they are just too far off it.
For example, the details of the chosen map like saturation, darkness and so on can not be confirmed, because of the confirmation button is off screen.
But what really disappointed me is the fact that I can not change gps query time. It's always 5seconds; and the settings button is off screen.

Is there any way to changed that behaviour of gps timing? For example, config file, so users could change such things.
I completely understand that watches are far from the interest of developer. But, I know people who use AlpineQuest on their watches.

If it's interesting I can tell any other things concerning the app on my watch.

I would appreciate any feedback and thank you for your great work!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Watch

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi George and sorry for the delay.
Yes I'm aware of some quite important problems concerning the use of the app on very small screens.
Unfortunately right now I don't see any way of changing the tracking frequency other than from the track recorder settings.
But I think I can add an user setting to change the default value (currently 5 s). I'll do this for the next update.
More generally, the support of smartwatches is planned, we still haven't decided if it will be some improvement in the current smartphones version (if at all possible) or a complete new app, more simple, dedicated to very small screens...
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !