The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Fullscreen support with cutouts

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Nick

Fullscreen support with cutouts

Post by Nick »

Support for fullscreen on phones with cutouts would be great, to make maximum use of the screen space.
I'd guess it might mean moving the Information Box depending on the location of the cutout.
https://developer.android.com/guide/top ... lay-cutout
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Fullscreen support with cutouts

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Nick,
Yes absolutely it would be great. I already tried but it became quickly quite complicated so I left it for later.
Just like you say, there are the information boxes at the top/left, but if you turn the device in one or the other side, you can have the cutout on the let/right edges, or even at the bottom if you use a reverse portrait orientation. So it's actually a lot of different places to modify, and at the end it's not as simple as an image or video display, where is ok if a small part is not visible...
But I add this to the wanted features list so I don't forget.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Nick

Re: Fullscreen support with cutouts

Post by Nick »

I had thought on possible implementation for this today;

Instead of having to code an algorithm that determines where to move the info boxes and controls to avoid cutouts in full screen mode, perhaps allowing the user to drag them to any location on the screen in full screen mode. Long press them drag them to location and the app remembers that location. So user would only need do this once to avoid the cutouts.
Just a random thought :-)