The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Track recording interval (update delay) question

Any question about the app? Ask it here
alexlong

Track recording interval (update delay) question

Post by alexlong »

Hi, François!

Positioning → Track recorder → Track recorder Settings → Location update delay → Update every 5 s (default).
The application (AQ) never records track points exactly at 5-second interval. The same thing occurs with all other update delay values.
First my suspicion fell on the device (my Galaxy Note 4 rather out-of-date). I made some tests recording tracks simultaneously in 3 applications under more or less similar conditions and with similar settings and I found out that tracks (points of a track) may be recorded exactly at the specified interval in one of these applications.
I wonder why AlpineQuest does not make the track recording with the exact interval? The exact recording does work but not with AlpineQuest unfortunately. Is it possible to change / modify the application settings so that it could make track recording with the exact intervals as it set in Track recorder Settings (Location update delay)?
I am ready to upload the file wth the test results.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Track recording interval (update delay) question

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Alex,
The application will record a new location if the requested time is elapsed or if the accuracy of the new location is "significantly" better. So in this case you can have more locations than the time requested.
If you have checked the option "Skip locations if I'm not moving", then you need to move "significantly" for the next location to be recorded. So in this case you can have less locations than the time requested.
Other than that the time is followed (~ 1 second precision).
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !