The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Sticky maps or Keep map on top when multiple map layers are displayed

Any question about the app? Ask it here
hamish

Sticky maps or Keep map on top when multiple map layers are displayed

Post by hamish »

When multiple maps are displayed as layers of different opacity, would it be possible to have the option to select the top map layer to stay where it is, so that you can change the map layers underneath.

Using a tick box on the map options menu (three dots) under displayed maps. - "Keep map on top"

At the moment I'm not sure whether it is faster to start again with which maps i'd like to display or to add layers and undisplay maps then change the order of the maps to get the same effect.

Lex's suggestion/feature request "Quickly hide/show map in Displayed maps" viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4681 could work for this as long as all the maps needed are currently loaded.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Sticky maps or Keep map on top when multiple map layers are displayed

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and sorry for the delay.
"Quickly hide/show map in Displayed maps" will be available in the next update (already in the beta version).
Also, there are a few tricks about the favorite maps:
- You can long-press a favorite set and select "Add as layer" to add all the maps of the set above the current maps;
- If you create a favorite set with only layers, it will act as a toggle (when clicked, if the layers are not displayed, they will be added at the top, otherwise they will be removed from the displayed maps list). This is useful if you want to activate/deactivate the display of hillshading or slopes.
I believe all this can help you managing displayed maps more efficiently, and does cover the majority of use cases.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !