The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Missing DEM Statistics

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Leithal

[closed] Missing DEM Statistics

Post by Leithal »

Hello,

Love this program! I was using another program and even though I backed it on Kickstarter and it's on version 3, it always seems to have issues, and I can't rely upon it.

I purchased the DEM add-on. I've moved around the map and have the data downloaded. It shows as an overlay.

I created a path, and then clicked on it, and looked at statistics, which according to help should give an elevation profile. I don't see it at all. I've attached a couple of screen shots showing the DEM overlay, and the path.

The application seems bulletproof, so I'm assuming that I missed something... so any help would be appreciated. I've done the exercise a couple of times with the same results... so missing something.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200830-184425 copy.jpg
(227.34 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Screenshot_20200830-184417 copy.jpg
(115.1 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Missing DEM Statistics

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and sorry for the delay.
What you do seems correct.
Would it be possible to send an error report from the app? (main menu -> more -> report error).
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Leithal

Post by Leithal »

I won't be sending the error report...

So after I couldn't get it working, I did what any IT Professional with decades of experience does in these situations - I turned it off and on again; rebooted the phone. :)

And it's now working, just as advertised...

I've got to say the more I use this application the more I'm impressed, everything is planned out well and executed flawlessly. It's my favorite. Even the layering opacity - reminds me of Photoshop and is fantastic!

The only thing I'll be using my old program for is BLM boundries... and if I can figure out a way of getting the data into your application, not even that. I'll have to see if I can export from my old program and if one of the add-ins can accept it I'll go from several programs, to one very good one. This has been a fantastic investment.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Ok great!
Thanks for the feedback.
I guess it was the thing to do, always a safe bet!
In case you see this issue again please let me know, there may be something to fix.

Concerning your data, the application is able to import various well known formats: https://www.offline-maps.net/en/help/la ... portexport
You can also check the "USA PADUS Maps" available in the community maps list that will display land managers and other access and protection data over the USA.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Leithal

Re: [closed] Missing DEM Statistics

Post by Leithal »

OK, those maps are fantastic... perfect!