The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

How To Unlock An ExtSD AQ Storage Location on Android 10

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Yemble

How To Unlock An ExtSD AQ Storage Location on Android 10

Post by Yemble »

This is an old Marshmallow issue that I thought I'd seen the last of, however, it is back in Android 10.

If you store maps on an external SD card and you don't want them to be deleted should AQ ever get un-installed, the you need to pick a location other than the Google "standard". AQ gives you this choice, but you may find that the alternative location is locked (with a padlock icon) and cannot be selected. In some previous flavours of Android, there was a simple Developer Option setting to get round this, but it no longer appears to function on Android 10, at least not on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro phone.

There is a solution, however, which was the one I used to use back in the Marshmallow days. It involves editing the /data/system/packages.xml file, for which you will require root access. Note, you may need to take a copy of the file and edit it elsewhere, a PC for instance.

Search for: <package name="psyberia.alpinequest.full" ...

...and add the folowing pair of statements...

<item name="android.permission.READ_MEDIA_STORAGE" granted="true" flags="0" />
<item name="android.permission.WRITE_MEDIA_STORAGE" granted="true" flags="0" />

Save and reboot. The padlock will now have been removed from the alternative AQ save location.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: How To Unlock An ExtSD AQ Storage Location on Android 10

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Thanks for this tutorial.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !