The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] Import style

Any question about the app? Ask it here
kimg

[done] Import style

Post by kimg »

From my reading, it seems that line styles cannot be imported into AQ via say ESRI Shapefile or .GPX.
I am generating QGIS files showing different line styles representing fire truck access, which I want to import into AQ running on a tablet mounted in our fire truck. The file in QGIS is updated regularly so I want to be able to overwrite the file in AQ without having to manually change line style after each update. Is there a file type that retains style information that AQ will recognise, or a way of parsing the incoming file with the LDK file?
I have been successful importing SVG symbols from QGIS by selecting "Icon" in the dbase list, but this does not work for llines.
Any help much appreciated.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Import style

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
If you want to import styles, you can use the KML or KMZ format.
However you will not be able to have different line widths, you'll only be able to have different colors and opacity.
I've added the support of different line widths in the wanted features list.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
kimg

Post by kimg »

Thanks Support. KML works for me, though the added features of importing line widths and style (dotted, dashed etc) would be icing on the cake!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

As an update, line widths import from KML files has been added in version 2.2.5c. KML does not support dashes, but you can set them after importing the file.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !