The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Reverse azimuth

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Ingensor

Reverse azimuth

Post by Ingensor »

Good afternoon!
Saw a friend's compass Suunto KB-14 / 360R G, there is shown a direct azimuth and reverse azimuth. (Screenshot 1) As to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qj7ksqGtU

Is it possible to reverse azimuth functionality add AlpineQuest program? It would be great for anyone who picks up the phone in addition to a paper map and for hedging (on the phone all the same can not be relied on 100%)
Especially for the measurement will be very useful inverse azimuth (screenshot 2) and to display the current (screenshot 3). You will be able to do more gracefully ... Just some of the main bearing subtract or add 180 degrees.

You can add this? Thanks in advance for your response!

Screenshot 1

screenshot 2

screenshot 3
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Reverse azimuth

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Yes I understand what you mean.
Right now you can get the reverse azimuth (or reverse bearing) using the "Measure tool".
In a future version, users will be able to choose what information to display for targets, so I'll make sure "Reverse bearing" option is available (I add this to the waiting list).
For the other places, I'll see if and how I can add this information without making the application look even more complicated for basic users.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Ingensor

Re: Reverse azimuth

Post by Ingensor »

Thanks!!!