The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Set colour & opacity of Displayed Placemarks

Any question about the app? Ask it here
hamish

[closed] Set colour & opacity of Displayed Placemarks

Post by hamish »

Would it be possible within AQ to set the colour and opacity of Displayed Placemarks by file to differentiate between different groups of placemarks rather than them all setting to default.

I often have various different placemark files open at the same time and it can be confusing as to which is which when they are all the same colour.

I have downloaded the route of the Wales Coast Path ( http://lle.gov.wales/catalogue/item/Wal ... h/?lang=en ) and imported into AQ. As it displays in AQ I can see where the route goes but can't see if the route is following a road or a public footpath or whatever, the only way I can see is if i keep toggling the displayed placemarks on and off which isn't ideal. If the opacity could be reduced I could see what is underneath the line.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Set colour & opacity of Displayed Placemarks

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
The ability to change the color of icon of a complete placemark file is planned for some time now, it's just a matter of time. I've just updated the wanted feature list to keep a track.

However, you can already change them for multiple items at the same time.
For example in your particular case, you can browse the imported file, click on the 3 dots menu icon at the right of the "Tracks" header (below the list of folders). Choose "Edit details" and click on the "Color" icon. Choose a color and press "Ok" (it may take some time to update).
Hope it helps.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Set colour & opacity of Displayed Placemarks

Post by Psyberia-Support »

As an update on this subject, after a review on the code, I'll not be able to add styling to placemark files. Those files are only containers and can hardly inherit styling to items they contain.
Here are the alternatives:
- Style the items before import (can easily be done with KML, Shapefile, CSV formats);
- Style the items after import, using the multi-items edit tool (select as many items as wanted, then edit the color globally).
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !