The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Lack of general statistics... again

Any question about the app? Ask it here
uhl

Lack of general statistics... again

Post by uhl »

I'm a new AQ user but definitely this app worth every penny or cent ... during years I bought 3 or 4 other apps.
After intensive testing and importing old tracks i'm really surprised how many data are inside of AQ database.
But, without any general statistics at all ??
Or, am i missed something ?

At least, export to CSV or something like that would be much better than nothing. ?
What's your opinion about that, dear admin ?

With regards,

I found this post (pretty old) :
<2. Last and this summer I recorder a lot of tracks and I realize that would be interesting to have some general statistic in order to have an idea of, for example, how many km I walked in t<he month/year or how many meters of the elevations I covered and so on. Also this would be a great and it makes easier to compare the performance year/month by year/month.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Lack of general statistics... again

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your interest in this application.
What do you mean by general statistics ?
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
uhl

Post by uhl »

OK,

let's say this way: how can I get following report (with possibility to choose years, month, by sport type etc) ?
1. How many tours/hikes have been completed ?
2. What is total time of these tours ?
3. What is total distance ?
4. What is total elevation ?

Or can i export these data ?

Kind regards,
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Thanks for the explanation.
So no this kind of details are not available.
But you can export everything is various formats: https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/ ... portexport
uhl

Post by uhl »

Hello,
regarding my former questions 2 years ago about getting more information about recorded tracks (total number, activity, heghts, distances..etc) :

- I found that listing of My Local placemarks, Recorded Tracks, Filter option has already displayed number of TRACKS (items) -
what is great !
- minor improvement could be display number of items even the filter is not activated ... (simpy: ALL displayed items)
- But I'm thinking this way: if you count filtered tracks and display this number, it will be PERFECT to display in same row TOTAL SUM for km, hours and heights; you have already these entities below each filtered track !? Just sum them, PLEASE !
(At least: it is not bad-for regular service intervals to bikes- to see how many km/miles have you already done)

- as i can see Filter in RecordedTracks works on fields NAME, DESCRIPTION and COMMENT. It would be also great to include filtering
on KEYWORDS, than we can use keywords like "mtb", "walk", "run", "ski" from each tour in filtering criteria.

What do you think about these suggestions ? Won't you agree that these changes be big improvement in analysis of recorded tracks
inside a app ?

Btw:
- can you explain me, please, what means in this same listing of recorded tracks rightmost column with distance and small arrow ??

With my best regards,
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi Uhl,
Yes you're absolutely right, that would be a nice feature to have.
I'd would like to do something a bit more advanced than just a sum in the headers, I have various plans to improve managing and reporting the list of recorded tracks, it's just the time that it terribly missing compared to all requested features.
I'll make my possible to work on this quite soon.

Concerning the filtering from the keyword data too, that makes complete sense, I'll change this for the next update.

Concerning the distance and arrow (when in list display mode only), they are the distance and direction (absolute bearing, ie like if you're currently facing North) from the current screen center location dot to the first location of the track.
uhl

Post by uhl »

Thank you,
nice to hear all of this and i hope that you would achieve your goals soon.

Best regards,