The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Multiple selection right on the map +

Any question about the app? Ask it here
alexlong

Multiple selection right on the map +

Post by alexlong »

Hi and thanks for AQ.
I would like to propose to add a feature which may be very useful – to select multiple placemarks (waypoints, routes, tracks etc.) right in the map.
Actually users may/can select multiple placemarks using Placemarks → Displayed placemarks → List with placemarks (check/uncheck them). Sometimes it can be uncomfortable to select multiple placemarks and work with them especially when placemarks are not named properly (just as Waypoint 35, Area 1 etc.).
I suggest to add a new feature to select placemarks right on the map and perform various actions with them.
So with this feature users may select on the map the placemarks (some of many on the map) let's say by longpress or in some other way and:
- delete selected
- undisplay selected
- save selected
- hide selected
- expors selected
- group selected
- ungroup selected
- save as a set
- move to another folder
etc.

I asked 4pda user and many of them they said it would be very good. Some of them use AQ as an instrument for professional purposes, for example in geological exploration or in geodetic works. This feature/option may remove unnecessary actions.

The current way to work with displayed placemarks stays as it is, we just add another feature and users may use them both depending on the situation.

I think it may help to work with AQ easier and faster.

I think the selection can be started in a special new "folder' in Displayed placemarks view (some menu with options) and after user starts it the full map page is displayed with all placemarks on the map and user selects placemarks he needs then stops selection and open a menu with the actions (the list see above).
It is just a "sketch", an idea. If this can be done.
We may discuss it and find the way how to do it.
Attachments
Landmarks1.jpg
(69.7 KiB) Downloaded 1408 times
alexlong

Re: Multiple selection right on the map +

Post by alexlong »

Hi!
Just trying to bump topic ;)
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Multiple selection right on the map +

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Alex and sorry for the delay.
I thought I could work on this quite quickly but apparently not, I get too many requests at the same time.
So I add this in the wanted features list not to forget about this.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !