The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] MemoryMap maps

Any question about the app? Ask it here
BarrySamuels

[done] MemoryMap maps

Post by BarrySamuels »

I think I've seen, recently, someone asking if MemoryMap maps could be accommodated in AlpineQuest. I have seen, today, that there is a Google Market application which can handle MemoryMap files but that application will run only on Android v2.2. My version is 1.5 which means that I can't use it.

Does that mean it's likely that you could do the same?

I have British OS maps in MemoryMap format that cover the whole of Britain so it would be very nice to be able to use them.

P.S. I notice that some users are labelled as 'Premium Users' but I'm not even though I have entered the Google Market number in my profile.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: MemoryMap maps

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Other map format support (like ozimaps or memorymaps) is planned.
There are few things with higher priority (such as online maps improvements), but this feature should come next. Unfortunately I can't give a schedule, since it depends on too many things. I hope it will be in version 1.1.

Until that OS maps are available using MOBAC, last zoom level of map source "OS Explorer Maps".
P.S. I notice that some users are labelled as 'Premium Users' but I'm not even though I have entered the Google Market number in my profile.
Updated, I'm doing it manually on an irregular basis....
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
BarrySamuels

Re: MemoryMap maps

Post by BarrySamuels »

AlpineQuest wrote:Other map format support (like ozimaps or memorymaps) is planned.
There are few things with higher priority (such as online maps improvements), but this feature should come next. Unfortunately I can't give a schedule, since it depends on too many things. I hope it will be in version 1.1.
That's good news. I can wait.
Until that OS maps are available using MOAC, last zoom level of map source "OS Explorer Maps".
That reminds me of another wish. It would be very useful in the Mobile Atlas Creator to be able to add further zoom levels to an existing atlas after it has been created to save re-downloading tiles which were downloaded previously.