The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] Record a track name

Any question about the app? Ask it here
twoten

[done] Record a track name

Post by twoten »

When recording a track name, if you let the app do it it uses the date and time which is really useful, if you enter the name you lose the date and time.

Can we have an option that will add the date and time to the track as a suffix if required?
Samsung Galaxy S4
twoten

Re: Record a track name

Post by twoten »

I have been thinking about the above and on reflection it probably wouldn't be necessary. The reason I thought this would be useful is when I have several tracks in the same area there isn't a date or time to help identify them however it might be a better solution to display the file date and time under the name in the list.
Samsung Galaxy S4
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Record a track name

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Yes you're right, adding the date in the gpx explorer list could be useful.

Bastien proposed the feature to configure what's displayed in the list (here), so that users can choose name, coordinate, distance, and for your case the date.

Note that AlpineQuest records the date in the GPX file header, long-click on a .gpx file -> details. Here you have the created date. I could record this date for each tracks (inside a gpx file) too.

Cam
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !