The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[added] Estimated walking time for track

Any question about the app? Ask it here
pinkyperk

[added] Estimated walking time for track

Post by pinkyperk »

I have found the inclusion of elevation data in Alpinequest really useful especially when creating routes or when importing routes which don't have the elevation included and I now use AQ quite a lot for creating routes as it is very easy to do especially when out walking and when looking for alternatives. After creating a route I can then look up easily the distance, ascent and descent details.

I was wondering if it is possible to have a calculation of the estimated time to walk a route included in the details of the route. This would be based upon user parameters which are entered in advance (similar to having the weight of the user for calculating calories). The parameters would be walking speed (km/hour) on the flat and additional time for ascent (minutes/ per 100 m ascent) and additional time for descent (minutes/ per 100 m descent). Although it is possible to work this out from the details manually for each route it would be so much easier if the calculation was automatic and was there with the other information about the route.

Many thanks
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Estimated walking time for track

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Right now there is a way to compute the walking time of a track: from a displayed track/path on the map, click on it and select "Follow path".
It will open the dashboard giving you the remaining time. The speed is based on your last locations speed, or a more precise mean speed if you turn on the track recorder. See online help here.
It does take into account the remaining gain, but it would be a nice to have. I'll have a look at this.
That being said, I can have a look at the work amount to include this in any details view, based on a pre-determined speed, but I won't be able to add this quite soon anyway.
Hope it helps
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
pinkyperk

Post by pinkyperk »

Thank you for your reply. It is surprising after using your app for so long that there are new features to discover! I had never tried "Follow path", as I just used the route as created, but I tried it yesterday when out and the estimated time for completing the walk at various points along the way proved to be quite accurate which was great, so I will definitely use this feature. It would still be useful to implement my suggestion as when planning routes in advance the "follow path" doesn't work, but I appreciate it is not a priority, just something that would be nice to see in the future perhaps. I really appreciate all the developments with this app. It is a truly excellent tool and I recommend to everybody I see. I think Iphone users are at a great disadvantage not having your app and I always suggest that they move over to Android to take advantage of the features of AQ. Regards.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

As of version 2.3.7b, the application will give a duration estimation for routes and tracks based on the selected activity.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !