The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] Rename Waypoints

Any question about the app? Ask it here
bastien

[done] Rename Waypoints

Post by bastien »

Hello,

The name of gpx file changes when we rename a waypoint but the waypoint keeps always the same title.

I think that the title is more significant for the user than the name of file.

Using a file explorer to change the name of files is easy but editing gpx file to change the title is harder.

Other suggestion (but it's only a suggestion) ... Maybe we could configure the information to show in the waypoint list. In example, in my usage, I don't need to know the altitude and the creation time of my created waypoint. I need coordinates and titles and maybe other user need other information.

The screen could show more lines. What do you think about that ?

Bastien

(I'm sorry if my english is bad)

Thanks.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Rename Waypoints

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
bastien wrote:Other suggestion (but it's only a suggestion) ... Maybe we could configure the information to show in the waypoint list. In example, in my usage, I don't need to know the altitude and the creation time of my created waypoint. I need coordinates and titles and maybe other user need other information.
Yes, good idea!
The name of gpx file changes when we rename a waypoint but the waypoint keeps always the same title.
This is a bit tricky but it is also possible to rename the waypoint.
Waypoint files are actualy GPX files with only one lone waypoint inside. The displayed name is the name of the lone waypoint. So you need to first browse the waypoint file as a classical GPX file (using the long click menu), and them rename the displayed waypoint.
You can use this tip to create other waypoints in a GPX file.
But yes, this is not so clear, I'll try to simplify this.

Thanks
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
bastien

Re: Rename Waypoints

Post by bastien »

Oh Yes right for the waypoint renaming. I have forgotten this tip.