The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] Unzoom & Edit Waypoint

Any question about the app? Ask it here
bastien

[done] Unzoom & Edit Waypoint

Post by bastien »

Nice application.

I have just tested this application. I had two requests/improvements :

- It will be better if we could unzoom more on the map. When I use a map of Paris (1:4000), it's a bit difficult to see an overview between our localisation and the destination if the two points are fare. We need to store several maps and switch between the maps to see the entire way. I think that the maximum zoom is too much high and pixelize the maps (maybe my screen is too much big).

- I can't rename a waypoint save with the quickly action. To change their names, I need to edit the *.gpx files.

(sorry for my bad english)
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Unzoom & Edit Waypoint

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
The limited un-zoom capability is a real problem right now in AlpineQuest. This is due to the fact that un-zooming to much a map requires loading a lot more of images, which is very memory consuming (and battery).
The only thing to do as of version 1.0.2 is to create maps for different levels, and to switch them manually.
AQM maps version 2 will be supported soon, and it will be possible to store different levels of details in one map, allowing to un-zoom as desired.

Concerning the renaming of waypoint, this can be done without any problem. New features on GPX files will be also released, like removing route's waypoints, displaying stats, etc. You can still use the standard way of creating waypoints in order to specify a name: Menu->Landmarks->Create->New waypoints (or in french: Menu->Repères->Créer->Waypoint).

Thanks a lot for your feedbacks, and for using/supporting AlpineQuest!
Camille
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
bastien

Post by bastien »

Yes right, it's a good idea to rename the waypoints.

I'm waiting the next version for my next trip after the Japan. ;o)

Thanks.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

I mark this request as done because using AlpineQuest 1.0.5 it is possible to:
* "un-zoom more" using multi level maps;
* rename/copy/paste waypoints.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
bastien

Re: [done] Unzoom & Edit Waypoint

Post by bastien »

Yes I saw.

Thanks for these features.