The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Map size estimator for Mobile Atlas Creator

Any question about the app? Ask it here
gingerpaul

[closed] Map size estimator for Mobile Atlas Creator

Post by gingerpaul »

Hi there. Congratulations on a fantastic application. I have been suspicious of paid for applications as my HTC Hero is my first "smartphone". AlpineQuest is the first application that I have bought and it was worth every cent!

I have been playing with all of the different map options and have thought of something that would be a useful addtition to the Mobile Atlas Creator. Would it be possible to implement some code that would provide an estimate of how large the maps will end up before you begin the creation process? For example if I create a map using UK OS maps then they are significantly larger than the equivalent Google map version. Just a rough estimate would be useful. Perhaps this could be based on the type of map, scale and number of tiles.

Thanks once again for all of your hard work. I look forward to trying newer versions as they become available!
gingerpaul

Re: Map size estimator for Mobile Atlas Creator

Post by gingerpaul »

Just registered on here so I have a proper username now. :)
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Map size estimator for Mobile Atlas Creator

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi gingerpaul,
Thanks a lot for your support!
Yes, as you notified it, an estimation of the final map size could be computed based on the zoom level, the map source, and the surface.
The only difficulty comes from the map source: every sources have a very different density of details. There is a small work to do to estimate the unitary size of each source, but it is possible.
I can't give you a release date, but I'll try to do it. I also need to auto-add a preview image in the generated maps...
Hope I'll find some time soon... Right now, I'm working on an on-line mode for AlpineQuest, which should be released withing one week under version 1.0.3...
Thanks for your feedbacks,
Camille
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !