The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Track/ Route / Waypoint Display -

Any question about the app? Ask it here
pinkyperk

[closed] Track/ Route / Waypoint Display -

Post by pinkyperk »

Hello. I am still using AQ every time I am walking and enjoying all of the new features. I usually construct my routes on my laptop ( in memory map) then transfer to my phone. What I would really like is the ability to alter how the track/ route displays in AQ. It is great to be able to alter the colour to whatever I choose, but the solid line covers up the detail on the map and I would like to have the option of both altering the display of the line (e.g option of solid, broken or dotted line) and the transparency. With the latter I would still be able to see detail on the map. I can do these things with memory map and I tend to default to a broken, 50% transparent line. Also with the waypoints - is it possible to have the option of hiding the labelled waypoint number as particularly when zoomed out all the numbered waypoints obscure both the track and parts of the map - so for a lot of the time I would be happy just to see the dots and perhaps to show specific labelled waypoints of my choosing. Thank you very much.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Track/ Route / Waypoint Display -

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your suggestions.
I'll see what I can do about all that, the dotted lines would be great.

Concerning the waypoints, you can already disable the display of labels: just un-check the 'Landmarks labels' in the Landmarks sub-menu.
Also, if you have numbers displayed, you should really update your version!

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
pinkyperk

Post by pinkyperk »

Hello and thanks for your response. I do have the latest version of AQ and I had not realised about simply turning the labels off, but if I have them turned on then numbers are displayed (e.g. WP00107 etc for each waypoint). Is there any way of controlling this apart from all off or all on e.g. so that just ones I have given a label for are displayed? Thank you.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
OK perfect for the version. Long time ago, waypoint numbers were written inside the dots. The numbers you're talking about (like 'WP00107') are actually the names of waypoints, so need to be turned off using the 'Labels' option as mentioned above.
The only way to control the display per waypoint, is to turn the 'Labels' option on, and delete the names of the waypoints you don't want to see on the map (press a waypoint, then choose 'edit details'). There names won't appear on the map, but you'll still have 'Waypoint XXX' on the lists.
pinkyperk

Post by pinkyperk »

Thanks for the suggestions. Very helpful. Regards. David
boulderfly

Post by boulderfly »

First I must say that I think this is the greatest program ever made for any platform.... and I am truly amazed that you continue to make it better better, and respond to everyones questions in such a timely manner.

And only because you seem to truly want people's ideas I will give you some of mine :D

I also think the dotted line idea would be nice.

I also think if you made it possible to to have the color of the trail change, based on a chosen distance. For example I like to edit my gpx files so that every mile, the trail changes color.... so i can estimate distance better. It would be nice if the program could do this because to edit the gpx files takes quite a bit of time because i have to figure out exactly what point on the trail is the correct spot to start a new color. Also the way I change the color is by breaking the track into different segments, which seems to cause problems with your, TOTALLY AWESOME, "follow path" feature. I guess because it is no longer one long continuous path. If you could make an option to color different track segments, based on a user defined distance, and also preserve the "follow path" feature....i think everyone would like it!!!!

Also I like to use the FREE program sportstracks to create very complex kml tracks, where the trail color dynamically changes based on current speed, elevation or and stuff like that. Those kml tracks are very complex, but they are beautiful and fun....and if it wasn't too hard to implement the ability to import those complex kml files, so the trail color could give you additional information, that would be pretty cool. Though not nearly as cool as the color based on distance tracks.

I hope you keep up the good work because i consider this app to be good for all of humanity!!

Also you could always add a "paypal donate" button on your page, because i bet i am not the only one who appreciates your hard work.

Also maybe some of your members could give you a hand by creating an unofficial users manual...... because your app has soo many great features that it is hard to learn about them all.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Thanks for the feedback.
Yes I'll try to add more options for the display, including, why not, 'dynamic' coloring options.
Concerning the complex KML files you're talking about, would you mind to email me one so I can see how it's made and try to display it correctly in the app?
Also, you should be able to use the follow path feature on multi-segment tracks, let me know what issues do you have.
Best regards
Leithal

Re: [closed] Track/ Route / Waypoint Display -

Post by Leithal »

I would echo the Donate Idea. No ads, and no cost except for add-in functionality. If you don't come up with a way to donate I'll just end up buying more add-in's to contribute... this is an excellent program!