The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Inverse Proximity Alert feature request

Any question about the app? Ask it here
DrWest

Inverse Proximity Alert feature request

Post by DrWest »

Hi! I absolutely love this app and have been using it for many years. When I'm sailing however, it is missing one feature: the ability to have an alarm that alerts me if I move too far *away* from a specified location. This is really important when anchoring overnight because if my anchor starts dragging while I'm asleep that is extremely dangerous and I need to be woken up to deal with it. As a workaround I have been using the existing proximity alert feature by creating many proximity alerts in a circle around my anchor, but it's very cumbersome to set up. It would be really great if there was just an "Invert" checkbox option or something when creating a proximity alert so that it will sound an alarm when moving outside of the specified radius.

Thank you and keep up the great work on this amazing app!

Cheers,
DrWest
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Inverse Proximity Alert feature request

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi DrWest,
Yes absolutely I completely understand and it make sense.
I has even already been requested, at least one time (see the proximity alerts section in the wanted features list), along with other improvements on the proximity alerts.
So it will be available at some point. Unfortunately I can't tell you when right now, I get so much requests...
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
DrWest

Re: Inverse Proximity Alert feature request

Post by DrWest »

Ah ok! I did check the request list but wasn't sure if "reverse alerts" meant the same thing.

I can imagine all these requests are overwhelming... Just know that your hard work is very appreciated! :)