The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Auto-routing and more

Any question about the app? Ask it here
alexlong

Auto-routing and more

Post by alexlong »

Hi.

Tools→ Auto-routing
Is it possible (will it be possible) to add a new Search by placemark field to Search a location for Auto-routing?
For example, I would like to make a route from point A (on the screen, or from the screen centre or from the current location) to point B that is not currently on the screen. In order to do this right now, I first need to find this point B in placemark explorer and display it on the screen. Only after that I can automatically generate a route.
The Search a location option in Auto-routing now allows us to do a search either by name (but it's not a waypoint search) or by coordinates.
Would it be technically too difficult to work out how to add a waypoint search here?

N.B.
Explore Placemarks → Menu three vertical dots in the top right corner → Filter.
I understand that this has been asked more than once, and this wish is probably on the waiting list, but still...
Will I see the ability to do a phrase search (filter) for all the waypoints and folders that are in the Local Placemarks (My Placemarks) section? Right now, you can only search (filter) for a phrase within a specific folder or section. But I don't always remember in which folder I have the waypoint I want. If there are a lot of waypoints and folders, it makes it a bit inconvenient to search.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Auto-routing and more

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Alex,
You have a "Search" button in the Auto-routing creation tool. It's exactly the same than when you use the regular search.
If you mean you want to search for any item available in you're own placemarks, then yes it's planned, see "Deep search of placemarks in the "My placemarks" folder (by takri here and alexlong here and here)" in the planned features list.
However I have so much request those days, that for the last 2 months I spent most of my time on answering questions so unfortunately I have no idea when this will be available... :(
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

One more idea.

While creating Auto-routing there is an option to remove track segments from the end by a short press of the DELETE button. If the track is long, it is necessary to press Delete repeatedly. Would it make sense to enhance functions of Delete button? For example, pressing this button for a long time will cause removing larger segments of the track. In this way it is possible to edit easily very long Auto-routing tracks.
I hope I made myself understood correctly.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

You can already delete the complete last section by taping the last added line and select "Remove" under "Track segment".
But I can try to also add this when you long press the delete button, you're right.
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

You can already delete the complete last section by taping the last added line and select "Remove" under "Track segment".
This is not very convenient if the track segment is long.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

It's deleted at once if it's short or long, no difference.
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

No, that's not what I mean.
For example, I set reference points for auto-routing at 500m intervals on the map. The last two points I set at 20 kilometre intervals. I don't like something, I want the track overwritten from another location closer to the end, and I remove the last track segments as you describe. Those two segments are too long, and a very large "tail" is removed, which I don't want. If the segments were 500 metres each, it would be easier, or I could smoothly delete the unwanted faster with a long press on the Delete button than if I did it using a short press.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

I'm not sure to completely get it's ok, I've added the long press event, it will be available in the next beta version.
ds47uk

Post by ds47uk »

The latest version of AQ started using Brouting "by default" . I have not installed Brouting as I am (...was) happy with the existing method. However while routing still works OK, the elevation contour display has stopped working with "no elevation data" message. This was handy to get an idea of the amount of hills on a walk. Any ideas???
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

In fact, BRouter is the only auto-routing service that automatically fills elevations. If you use another service, elevations come from the app's elevation feature. Check that it's activated and that elevation data is available at your location.
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

BETA 2.3.4.r8118.build.337
• Tracks events are now displayed with a graphical progress line;
• In the auto-routing tool, long-pressing the “Delete” button now deletes the last segment entirely;
• Various improvements and bug fixes.
• And more...
THANKS!
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

Hi, François.
Maybe it makes sense to add the same option for Edit points mode? When creating an autoroute, I can delete segments with a long press on DELETE, but if I open this created track in Edit points mode, the long press doesn't work there. Although I can delete a segment through the popup menu by clicking on the track.
Delete.jpg
(151.32 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Alex, the long press "Delete" only works in the "Auto-routing" tool, and not in the "Draw path" tool (it's too dangerous).
So if you want to edit a track and use this, you need to use the "Edit points" tool, then switch to "Auto-routing" tool using the button 10 here.
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

We may have some misunderstanding.
The screenshot I attached above is exactly the Edit points for Auto-routing. The DELETE button is there.
I just edit an Auto-routing track already created and I proposed a long press on DELETE to be applied here as well.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

It's just that "Edit points" for Paths, Tracks or Auto-routing use the same tool. Once you've made an auto-routing, it become a regular path. Only the way you made it changes, but at the end it's a regular path. So when you edit it, it will use the common "edit points" tool, the same that is used for paths you have manually drawn. In this tool the long press delete does nothing.
Only the auto-routing creation tool does this. You can display this tool by creating a new auto-routing, or from the "edit points" tool use the "switch to auto-routing" button.