The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Add a track option to automatically record the traveled path

Any question about the app? Ask it here
poitrasbh

Add a track option to automatically record the traveled path

Post by poitrasbh »

Greetings, first I'd like to say coudos to the creator of this unbelievable useful app. It's by far the BEST one I ever used. I barely use Google maps anymore. One thing that I would like the app to do is the ability to create a track just like a normal GPS does. I would like to be able to start a track where waypoints would be automatically recorded following the travelled path in real-time. This would be very useful when you are offline and are either walking, fourwheeling, or want to draw an unmarked trail on the map. I always like to see the exact route I travelled on a map so I can see the exact area I went afterwards. If this option already exist, I did not find out how to do it. I was able to manually record a track by walking and mannually adding way points everytime my path would change direction. Considering everything this app can do, I'm very surprised that this isn't a standard option. I would even be willing to pay for it. I already purchased 1 add on for KMZ /KML.
Regards
Bobby
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Add a track option to automatically record the traveled path

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thank you for your interest in this application.
I understand you're using the OfflineMaps app. The track recording option is actually available in our more complete version called "AlpineQuest": https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... quest.full
If you're interested in purchasing it, I can refund your KML purchase (it's included in AlpineQuest).
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
poitrasbh

Post by poitrasbh »

How much is it for the alpine app
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

It depends on your country but just click on the link above for all details.
poitrasbh

Post by poitrasbh »

Hello again, I checked out Alpine quest Pro and am interested in purchasing it. Only thing is that I have alot of waypoints ( landmarks) and don't want to loose them. I know there's a way to do this and I suppose I could keep the offlinemap app in my phone until after I have transfered all data I want into the newly downloaded app ( Alpine quest Pro). You also mentioned that you would refund the kml purchase I made. How does this work, I think I installed and purchased it through playstore
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
Yes you'll be able to copy all your data from OM to AQ.
Just send me your google account email to contact at psyberia.net so I can confirm that I'll be able to refund your in-app purchase.
poitrasbh

Post by poitrasbh »

About the refund, I taught about it and finally decided that I would rather you keep it. A lot of time is needed on your part and I'm more than happy to support your efforts. A big thanks for your wonderful app. Thanks
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Thank you for your support! Let me know if you have any trouble reusing your data.