The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Placemark labels

Any question about the app? Ask it here
alexlong

Placemark labels

Post by alexlong »

Hi.
I make a placemark and assign a name to it. The keyboard pops up and the text start in lower case. Is this a programmed action? If yes, why is it so? The new name logically would start with a capital letter.
I first thought my keyboard was set up that way. But no. In some apps the text starts capitalized, in some apps it starts small, in some apps every word starts capitalized at all. So it''s not the keyboard?

Best regards.
Alexander.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Placemark labels

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Alex,
Yes absolutely I'll see if I can change this and set the first letter capital by default.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

Thank you.

But this is my personal wish. I do not know what other users think about it. Perhaps someone is satisfied with the way it is done now, and will say that there is no need to change anything, because the current way of inputting names is quite workable.
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

I have another small request. Is it possible to make it so that when a new waypoint is created, the keyboard will also pop up automatically along with the name box opening? At the moment the name field needs to be selected, and then the keyboard will appear. But the keyboard is required in any case, because I create a new waypoint, and will definitely assign a name to it?

If this option doesn't seem to be of much interest to you, can you at least make a user settings item for this action?

Well, this only concerns new waypoint creating. While editing an existing waypoint, the priorities are different, and it is not always necessary to rename the waypoint.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
The keyboard should be displayed automatically when you create a placemark of type "Text", because text here is necessary.
Since for waypoint you can create one without name, I thought the keyboard would not be always needed.
After more thinking I'll actually display the keyboard for all kinds of placemarks, and add an user setting to disable this.
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

Great, thank you very much!
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

Hi, François.
Would it make sense to do the same with Track → Edit details?
The keyboard pops up (with lowercase letter) if the track already has a name. In case the track has no name, the keyboard does not pop up.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Yes I'll update.
When editing an item, the keyboard is not displayed.
I agreed with you:
alexlong wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:08 pm Well, this only concerns new waypoint creating. While editing an existing waypoint, the priorities are different, and it is not always necessary to rename the waypoint.