The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

More map on screen

Any question about the app? Ask it here
edwardoo

More map on screen

Post by edwardoo »

Hello,

I would like more map on screen.

"Hide status bar" and "Hide navigation bar" is not good for me, it does this: * There is still a black bar at the top (because of the cutout of the in-display selfie camera)
* I don't really want to hide navigation bar, I would prefer it transparent
* There seemed to be a performance penalty (jank) when I tried

Is this possible to implement transparent status & nav, like documented in this example?

In my opinion this would be perfect, I might not even need the related Fullscreen support with cutouts feature.

Thanks!
Attachments
Screenshot_20221128-184257_Organic Maps.jpg
(112.2 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: More map on screen

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thank you for your suggestion.
I do believe in fact that it's related to this other discussion.
As soon as other elements are displayed on the map, the application must change the UI accordingly, and this is the problem of the other post.
It will be even more true with the navigation bar, because various elements are displayed at the bottom of the screen, of course the main menu, but various lists (placemarks -> displayed placemarks, maps -> Displayed maps) and other things like the Explorer mode panel. So I think it will require to much changes for only a few more millimetres of map...
But when I'll find time to work on the cutouts, I'll make some tests with this suggestions.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !