The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Set of waypoints

Any question about the app? Ask it here
alexlong

Set of waypoints

Post by alexlong »

Hi, François.

Is it possible to make Hide / View mode for set of waypoints the same as for individual waypoints?
Set_of_points.jpg
(282.17 KiB) Not downloaded yet
This will be very useful if you load a GPX file consisting of a large number of points.
geofactotem

Re: Set of waypoints

Post by geofactotem »

Dobri din (if I remember it correctly after 25 years)

I am guessing you mean the reverse of what you have written :) . It is possible to display/hide a complete set but looking at the waypoints within the set you have a drawn little box above the distance which I presume is where you would like an individual display/hide option.

If I have misunderstood you I apologise but if I have clarified what you mean, I could also find it useful.

pukka (if I remember it correctly after 25 years)

David
geofactotem

Post by geofactotem »

Looking at the Set_of_points.jpg that Alex has provided, he has done a brilliant job of showing the issues I was raising in my "Setting Off" thread. So may I please revisit that? A couple of points first:

Firstly I would agree with Alex's request more enthusiastically now since my original idea in that situation was to delete the waypoint whereas a quick dab to hide would have the same effect on the map and be much quicker.
Secondly the middle panel shows "Set of Waypoints 1" we know it is a set from the icon and we know which file provided it. Would it be possible have it named as the "filename 1" please?

Looking again at Alex's jpg file I find it a bit irritating to have to click on the filename to get to the "Set of Waypoints" and then again for the contents. François has given a solution which I have just tested and it seems to work, it would appear to depend entirely on your first decision when importing the file. I will recap since Alex might find it of use and it will help to fix it in my mind.

When you first import the file there is the option Browse or Display.
If you choose Display it appears as can be seen in the file.

However if you choose Browse (even though ultimate objective is Display) you will see your set. Tap on the three dots to the right of the set (or sets), choose Display and the set will appear instead at the high level, albeit it is helpful then to rename it.

Personally I choose to import this way as a little bit extra at the start looks neater and and saves time later.

Thanks Alex for raising this and I am sure François will do what he can.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
I think what Alex does request is to be able to manually hide some waypoints of the set.
Right now it's not possible, a set is actually a single entity and can only be displayed/hidden as a whole. Just like a route, a track or an area (you cannot hide a part of them). So I'm not sure this will be added.
Alex, if you want to only display some of the waypoint, you can "Split" your set (from the placemarks explorer, long press the set and select "Split waypoints".
Then you can display all the individual waypoints and hide some of them.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
geofactotem

Post by geofactotem »

Hi, François.
I think what Alex does request is to be able to manually hide some waypoints of the set. Exactly so.
Alex, if you want to only display some of the waypoint, you can "Split" your set (from the placemarks explorer, long press the set and select "Split waypoints".
That doesn't work for me. All that happens is I get a white tick in a black box, with no 'Split waypoints' to be found

Regards
David
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

David, open the placemark explorer, then locate you set and long press it. In the menu, you'll see "Split waypoints" close to the end
geofactotem

Post by geofactotem »

Hi François.

David, open the placemark explorer, then locate you set and long press it. In the menu, you'll see "Split waypoints" close to the end

I must be missing something but this is what I get :?

Start
20220803 _Start.jpg
(342.42 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Set - The set has been renamed from Set of Waypoints 1 but that is all (tried it with a different example without changing the name - same result)
20220803_Set.jpg
(499.19 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Long press
20220803_Long press.jpg
(383.11 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Any ideas?
I would add that this is not a big issue for me, as a feature it is linked to the icon sort you generously implemented and that enabled me to group together icon types within a set that I might want to delete or hide. Which is why I supported Alex.

Regards
David
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

David, click on the vertical 3 dots at the right of "hAQ test file" in this screenshot:
https://www.alpinequest.net/forum/downl ... hp?id=3780
It's true that now it activate multi-selection when you long press an item.
geofactotem

Post by geofactotem »

It's true that now it activate multi-selection when you long press an item.

Hi Francois,

If only that statement was true! I was seriously thinking I was being thoroughly stupid because I could not get it to work. After spending many hours I have discovered that there is a radio toggle List/Preview

If for some reason unknown to me Preview is active it does not work as suggested. That has enabled me to progress a little bit further :) .

I have managed to delete some waypoints and to cut & copy into a new set (For me that involved creating a set by creating a dummy waypoint as you cannot create an empty set) Then pasting into and deleting the dummy.

Then just recently in the dreaded Preview mode there is an option Split Waypoints I selected that with some waypoints selected but nothing obvious seemed to happen. If that feature was present in List mode. Namely you selected your waypoints and tapped split waypoints and got an additional set that would be good.

None of this is vital but having been sucked in I was interested to see it work.

What I am marginally more interested in is the feature "Undisplay selected" I thought this would display the set except for the selected but nothing seems to change and the entire set is displayed.

Why sometimes the header is DISPLAY and other times JUMP To remains a mystery,

Really not urgent but if you could explain when you have nothing better to do it would be appreciated.
Regards
David
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
Here are some clarifications.

Multi-selection and display mode is explained here: https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/ ... s/explorer
All features are available is both preview and list display modes, the only thing that change is how the application display the items. But if you display the menu of one item, they are exactly the same.

"Split waypoints" will "explode" a waypoints set into single waypoints.

"DISPLAY" is shown if you item is NOT displayed. "JUMP TO" appears instead if the item is already displayed.