The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

4pda question

Any question about the app? Ask it here
alexlong

4pda question

Post by alexlong »

Hi, François.

I just submit a question.
Why is it not possible to continue recording on all recorded tracks?

I travel a lot through the surrounding forests and often I write down routes, put points. There are many routes and points. I divided [the points] into several ldk-files corresponding to one or another area of ​​the forest, gave them names as they should ...
And sometimes I need to continue recording some old route... But the "Continue" menu item, as it turned out, is available only for tracks located directly in the "Recorded Tracks" folder! Any other track (placed in an ldk file or even just in another folder) does not have such a menu item and, accordingly, this track cannot be added!

In the end, a beautiful idea with several ldk files containing points and tracks in this particular area turned out to be flawed. That is, there are several prepared ldk-files and a huge pile of track files in the placemarks on the screen. There is no way to turn on / off only the areas you need in the area you need right now.

Tell me, maybe there is some other way I need to organize points / tracks in the application? (so that tracks can continue to be recorded)

P.S. I wonder if this is a bug or a feature?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: 4pda question

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Alex, sorry for the delay.
Yes absolutely you can only resume tracks that you've previously recorded and are still in the "Recorded tracks" folder.
Until now nobody complained about this so I guess it's not that problematic.

However I've added a new user setting if you want to be able to resume tracks that are saved somewhere else. Just note that when you stop the track recording again, the resumed track will be saved in the "Recorded tracks" folder, and not in the original location (which may be read-only depending on where is it or deleted). It will be available in the next beta 2.3.2c which should be available tomorrow. The user setting is:

Code: Select all

tracker.allow_resume_all_tracks=1
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
alexlong

Re: 4pda question

Post by alexlong »

Thanks a lot!!!