The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] Map "debug" mode...

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Pascal5

[done] Map "debug" mode...

Post by Pascal5 »

OK, that's not so useful for an average outdoor user, but for someone designing (and spending time troubleshooting) maps like me, there is small enhancement that would be handy quite often...

I wish there would be a "Map Debug Mode" checkbox in the settings.

When activated, this would display in the screen corner (along the long-lat display) the coordinates of the currently shown map tile below the screen center cursor (in Z:X:Y format, such as 16 : 34573 : 23173). Also, the square of this tile would be precisely outlined on the display.

I believe this would be fairly simple to implement, without adding significant clutter to the interface.

Personally, this would help me a lot pinpointing faulty map tiles without spending so much time calculating tile coordinates from the long-lat coordinates!

Thanks!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Map "debug" mode...

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Pascal,
Just add the user setting:

Code: Select all

maps.debug=1
and you'll have what you want.
Also, it will display in the log file all the tiles URL that the app tries to reach.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Pascal5

Post by Pascal5 »

Thanks, this grid is useful!

Still, when debug mode is activated, I cannot spot the tile coordinates on the display. Did I miss something? Switching continuously to the log display is a bit cumbersome. It would be really nice if the tile below the center point would have its coordinates displayed while in debug mode.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

This is what you should get, the numbers are:
- line 1: x/y/z coordinates;
- line 2: size of the image tile.
device.jpg
(60.87 KiB) Downloaded 1208 times
Pascal5

Post by Pascal5 »

I must be missing something...

When I set maps.debug=1 in the config file, I do see the grid overlay on the map, but the tile coordinates are not displayed. And the info box is unchanged. Maybe some extra setting must be switched as well?

I'm using 2.2.5.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

There is no extra setting, and nothing should change in the infobox, the coordinates are written on each tiles.
However this is only for "on-demand" maps (maps from AQX files), not for file based maps.
Pascal5

Post by Pascal5 »

However this is only for "on-demand" maps (maps from AQX files), not for file based maps.
OK, that is the problem. I wish you could remove this restriction.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

I'll add the x/y/z information for file based maps too.