The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Maximum KML import size?

Any question about the app? Ask it here
bonjedward

[closed] Maximum KML import size?

Post by bonjedward »

I'm looking for a product that allows import of large KML files and displays them against an offline base map background while GPS tracking.
What are the maximum sizes of KML files that can be downloaded and displayed? I want to use it to display underground natural gas pipes (the three KML files are 7, 66, and 103 MBytes) while walking above the pipes. I see that only the paid version allows KML input, and I'd like to know if there's a reasonable chance of success before I ask my boss to approve any purchase, however small.
I have looked at other similar apps, but they either fail to load, fail to display all the data, or (worse) simplify the geometry to save space. I realise most of these apps are intended for leisure activities, but have so far failed to find any more professional alternatives.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Maximum KML import size?

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your interest in our application.
There is no software limit for the import of files, it's only limited by the amount of memory you have on your device. I've personally successfully imported files up to 50MB with my S5, but never tested larger files. One thing is sure is that it will take some time (maybe up to one minute, maybe even more) for the first import.
What I suggest you is to get the complete version and test it. If you're not happy with it, just email me and I'll refund your order (or if you remove the app within 2 hours you get an automated refund)
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !